« Home

Who The Hell Are You?

You can say that I've been around the block. I'm one of the few people in the world to have management experience in the radio, record, and retail industries: I have worked as a music director in a major market rock station, a promotion executive at a major label, and I oversaw marketing at a major distribution company retail branch.

In other words, I've seen enough to know the benefits and pitfalls of practically every element of the music business. I'm not here to sell you anything. I just want to share my knowledge so that you can save yourself the money and pain of having your musical dream hijacked by someone out to make a buck, and--trust me--there are a lot of people out there wanting to do just that.

Consider me your guardian angel. You know, the one that smokes and hangs out a little too late at the local clubs. Oh, and I'm keeping this anonymous because I am sure that at some point I'll have to say something not very nice about businesses where people that I know and like work. I figure it's best to be honest and anonymous than reserved and open.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Jack
  • ...and I'm here to save you money and help you better navigate the music business waters. I have worked as a music director in a major market rock station, a promotion executive at a major label, and I oversaw marketing at a major distribution company retail branch. So I know of what I speak.

Previous posts

Links


Powered by Blogger